A non-contact, single or multi-layer thickness sensor with scanning capability
TeraView presents a polymer film thickness gauge designed for industry.
The sensor can precisley determine thickness of single or multi-layer polymer films.
The terahertz sensor is non-contact and capable of delivering both ‘streaming’ data in a production environment and point measurements in the laboratory.
Based on TeraView’s proprietary technology, the sensor represents a significant leap beyond the current method of measurement for quality and process control in the polymer industry.
- Works with both single & multi-layer polymer films.
- Non-contact, no marking or damage to coating material.
- High accuracy reporting of thickness.
- Single sided sensor operation.
- Industrialised form factor.
- Can be integrated with plant IT systems via network communications (ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP).
- Non-interpretive; automatic parameter calculation without operator input.
- Suitable for both production or laboratory deployment.
|Thickness Accuracy*||1 µm|
|Minimum Thickness*||10 µm|
|Sensor Positioning||Available in 18 mm & 35 mm focal distance sensor|
|Line Speed||40 m per minute demonstrated, higher speeds possible|
* typical values; dependent on production materials.
|Dimensions (L×W×H)||Sensor head: 225 × 85 × 70 mm | Core unit: 590 × 550 × 770 mm|
|Rack mount modules||Optics Rack Assembly 4U, Electronics Rack assembly 3U, Processing PC 1U|
|Approx. weight||Sensor head: 1.4 kg | Core unit: 82 kg|
|Extension||Sensor-core separation of up to 15 m as standard|
|Communications||Ethernet connection to fixed IP address on internal PC|
|Power requirements||110 / 220 V, 20 A line power, earthed, via standard 3-pin connection|
|Operating temperature||18 °C (64 °F) – 30 °C (86 °F)|
|Operating humidity||20 – 80%, non-condensing|